Sunday, June 22, 2008

It isn't like seeing a billboard...

or listening to a radio add. He isn't like a college sending you mail, or a military recruiter at your school. God works in a different way. Through people, acts, the gospel, and just life in general. Today when I realized what I had to do, not wanted although I don't mind it, but had to do after college. It's been quite a strange subject that I haven't had much clarity in at all. I just always knew that I wanted to help people. Well today when pastor Mitch was talking about failure to thrive, I thought to myself "is there an end to faith, an end to thriving where we just finish and find that we are done?" My answer was no, no matter how comfortable I got with being a christian and in my faith, there was always room to grow. I thought to myself about what I could do to make sure that others all around me, and across the nation, possibly the world continue to thrive in Christ. I decided that after I go to college and get my degree in something, I am going on a mission for God. He spoke to me today, and told me that this is what I need to do.
      I got the distinct impession that I just need to take a bible, some water, and some sort of journal and set out on a journey wherever I feel a need to go. All along the way talking to people about the word of God, spreading the Gospel to all those who wish to hear it. Bringing together the sons and daughters of god. I think that, if I do this, I will grow closer to God. I'm not really afraid of what could happen to me, becuase I know that God will take care of me, and thats a promise that can never be broken. I hope I sound like I know what I'm talking about. I have around 5 years to come up with the details, and grow into my faith to a point where I can bring others to god, and know well enough what god wants for sure. I think I'll be ready.

-David

No comments: